Application Deadline: 20/08/2017
Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a
Predoctoral Researcher in Super resolution microscopy in Nanoscopy for nanomedicine research group. This position will be funded by La Caixa Foundation.
Tasks and responsibilities:
– Design of new methodologies for Single Molecule Localization Microscopy (SMLM, such as STORM and PAINT)
-Use of SMLM to investigate cancer-related biochemical and biomechanical cues
-Collaborate to the design of targeted nanomedicine to biochemical and biomechanical markers
Requirements for candidates:
– MSc in Biophysics or Biomedical engineering
– Previous experience in fluorescence microscopy and cell culture
– Experience with super resolution microscopy and/or single molecule imaging will be an asset
– High level of English
– High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
– Excellent team working and communication skills
– Full time employment contract
– 3 years contract
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment
– Science, 2014, 344(6183): 491-5
– ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8 (10), pp 6391–6399
– ACS Nano, 2016, 10 (2), 1845–1852
– Nanoscale, 2016, 9, 8712–8716
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to: email@example.com, before 20/08/2017 (Reference: CA-LA).