Application Deadline: 22/12/2017
The Biomaterials for Regenerative Therapies group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Postdoc position to work in in vivo models for biomaterials development. Research in the Biomaterials for Regenerative Therapies group is devoted to the development and knowledge transfer to industry of innovative biomaterials and scaffolds for tissue regeneration.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Organization of the laboratory animal facility for SCID mice and C57BL/6 mice
- designing and executing the in vivo experimental procedures regarding the projects of the group:
- Involving administration of different therapies and monitorization of tumors or cell populations with the group’s bioluminescence imaging platform
- In vivo models for skin ulcers and biomaterials testing
- Biomaterials testing for bone formation and vascularization
- Isolation of organs and cells from mice and rats
Requirements for candidates:
- BSc on biomedicine and PhD on cancer research
- License on animal care and handling
- Experience in biomaterials implantation and biological characterization
- High level of English
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
- Excellent team working and communication skills
We offer :
- 4 years contract with a salary determined upon previous experienced and scientific background
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 22/12/2017 (Reference: PD-EE).