Application Deadline: 31/12/2016
The Nanoscopy for Nanomedicine group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher . This position will be funded by the “Programa Estatal de Investigación, Desarrollo e Innovación Orientada a los Retos de la Sociedad” from the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitivity (MINECO).
Tasks and responsibilities:
– Design of new methodologies for Single Molecule Localization Microscopy (SMLM, such as STORM and PAINT)
– Use of SMLM to study biomedically-relevant receptors in cancer models
– Collaborate to the development and the imaging of novel nanotechnology-based anti cancer materials
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD in Physics, Biophysics or Biomedical engineering
– Previous experience in fluorescence microscopy and cell culture
– Experience with super resolution microscopy and/or single molecule imaging will be an asset
– High level of English- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
– Excellent team working and communication skills
– Full time employment contract
– Two years contract
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment
– Science, 2014, 344(6183): 491-5
– ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8 (10), pp 6391–6399
– ACS Nano, 2016, 10 (2), 1845–1852
– Nanoscale, 2016, 9, 8712–8716
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 31/12/2016 (Reference: PD-LA).