Application Deadline: 31/12/2017
The Integrative cell and tissue dynamics group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Postdoctoral candidate to participate in cell and tissue mechanics.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– Experimental and/or theoretical studies in the field of cell and tissue mechanobiology.
– Techniques include: traction force microscopy, monolayer stress microscopy, magnetic tweezers, micropatterning, cell stretching.
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD in biology/biochemistry/physics/engineering
– Previous experience in biophysical/biomechanical setups at the cell and in vitro levels.
– Competencies : communication skills, project planning and delivery, career management, analytical and critical thinking, ethics and integrity, leadership, information seeking and management.
– temporal contract
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
– Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 31/12/2017 (Reference: PD-XT).