Application Deadline: 23/06/2017
The Cellular and Molecular Mechanobiology group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Postdoctoral candidate to work in cell mechanosensing.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– To develop experimental techniques and protocols to apply and measure mechanical signals to cells
– To measure resulting cell response
– To elucidate the molecular mechanisms involved
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD in a biomechanics related topic.
– Previous experience in biophysical/biomechanical setups at the cell and in vitro levels.
– Competencies : communication skills, project planning and delivery, career management, analytical and critical thinking, ethics and integrity, leadership, information seeking and management.
– 1 year contract (possibility of extension for one year more)
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
– Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 23/06/2017 (Reference: PD-PR).