Application Deadline: 10/03/2018
The Targeted therapeutics and nanodevices group led by Dr. Silvia Muro at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Postdoctoral candidate to work on the design and implementation of strategies using biomaterials for applications in the context of tissue regeneration and drug delivery.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– To actively assist in and conduct research regarding fabrication of biomaterials, with particular interest in fiber networks and their modification to control loading and release of therapeutics (as free or nanocarrier-loaded forms), to guide tissue regeneration and/or to support in situ drug delivery. Research will encompass all analytical, cell culture, and small animal models
– Engage in research collaborations, recording and reporting process, project design and grant writing, as well as publications and other scientific communications derived from the work
– Contribute to common lab supporting tasks, including ordering of reagents, maintenance of equipment, training of new members, and general support to GL
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD in Biomedical Engineering
– Previous experience in polymeric biomaterials, managing equipment and training lab personnel is preferred
– Experience in cell culture techniques, endothelial cells, immunofluorescence, confocal microscopy, and image processing software
– Excellent oral and written communication skills (including English), analytical and critical thinking, high ethics and integrity, must work well within a team and independently
– A temporary contract with the opportunity for an extension for an additional year or a longer period of time)
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary and innovative research, and an enriching high-quality training experience
– An international scientific environment and the possibility for a collaborative short training in our sister lab in the University of Maryland (USA)
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 10/03/2018 (Reference: PD-SM).