Application Deadline: 31/01/2018
The Nanomalaria joint group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) and the Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is looking for a Technical position for delivering fluorescently labelled nanocarriers to the mosquito.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– Assay of polymer-based nanovectors (nanocapsule+targeting element+drug) for the targeted delivery of antimalarial drugs to Plasmodium falciparum-infected cells.
– Uninfected mosquito feeding assays to determine the optimal sugar meal and nanocarrier dose for delivering fluorescently labelled nanocarriers to the mosquito.
Requirements for candidates:
– BSc and MSc in life sciences, Pharmacy, Biochemistry or Biotechnology desired.
– Two years experience in (i) cell biology, including fluorescence microscopy proficiency, (ii) the in vitro culture of Plasmodium falciparum , and (iii) in vivo drug activity assays using oral administration in mice, will be an essential asset.
– Animal Experimentation Certification.
– Professional experience in an SME of at least two years.
– Good level of English.
– Computer literacy and analytical skills.
– Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge.
– High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
– Excellent team working and communication skills.
– Willing to spend short periods away from Barcelona (possibly abroad) to conduct studies at other institutions.
– Full time employment contract for one year with a possibility of an extension.
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to: email@example.com, before 31/01/2018 (Reference: TC-XF).