Application Deadline: 30/04/2022
The Open Innovation laboratory seeks an experienced Scientific Liaison to coordinate the research and industrial projects within the group. The position will be integrated inside the research group but with close bonds with the Technology Transfer and Projects office at IBEC. This position is a unique opportunity to holds a managerial role into an innovative laboratory model based on the liaison between research-clinics-industry.
The lab: Our laboratory is comprised of a multidisciplinary team where biologists, embryologists, biophysicists, clinicians, and business developers synergize to create a unique environment shaped by science and entrepreneurship. The Open Innovation lab provides solutions to embryology and cell therapy fields by combining bioengineering with advanced imaging technologies. Due to the high translational component of our research, we have established collaboration contracts with the pharma industry, hospitals and venture capital to bring our technology from the lab to the clinics and to the market.
The candidate: An ideal candidate will have experience in research management, both national and EU-funded at scientific, administrative and financial levels. The candidate will have excellent English and Spanish writing skills. A scientific background in the fields of developmental biology or microscopy/optics will be positively evaluated . The candidate will coordinate communication between the PI and the lab in addition to the funding agencies. It will also act as a centralized liaison with IBEC administration, tech transfer and project offices and partner companies. The candidate will also work in collaboration with grant-support companies in the design of the lab grant strategy design and applications. In order to understand the research carried out in the lab, the candidate is also expected to attend lab meetings and discuss scientific projects with the lab members.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Research Management related to
- EU-funded grants
- National and private grant agencies
- Contracts with the Industry
- Coordinate grant strategy with the PI
- Schedule grant applications yearly
- Coordinate with grant support agencies
- Internal grant coordination
- Be involved in grant writing
- Financial Management of the lab
- PI Administrative support: in collaboration with legal, Tech Transfer and HHRR departments at IBEC
- PhD in Life or physical Sciences
- 2 years’ experience in research management
- Previous experience writing scientific grants
- Excellent English and Spanish skills.
- Competencies: Teamwork, Commitment, Proactivity, high motivation and ability to be part of a multidisciplinary team
- Work independently
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research environment.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: May 2022
- Working conditions:
- Full time 2-year contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
For Postdoctoral and JR GL positions:
IBEC aims for a representative gender balance at all levels of staff, so we strongly encourage women to apply. At least 40% of shortlisted applicants invited to interview have to be women with comparable level of CVs as the male candidates.
Protection of personal information:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu