Application Deadline: 16/05/2022
The Signal and Information Processing for Sensing Systems group led by Dr. Santi Marco at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a research assistant in smart chemical sensor systems. The contract will be within the framework of the European project SNIFFIRDRONE, whose objective is to develop a drone-based environmental odor monitoring system
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Laboratory maintenance: purchase of consumables, periodic maintenance, and recalibration of instruments, development of standard operating protocols.
- Operation of Analytical Instrumentation
- Development of automated measurement methods for sensor testing
- Development of custom instrumentation for interfacing chemical sensor arrays, fluidic components, and wireless communications.
- Development of pc or cloud-based graphical user interfaces, dashboards
Requirements for candidates:
- Master in Electronic Engineering, Telecomunications, Automation, Mechatronics
- Master in Analytical Chemistry are encouraged to apply if they have prior experience in Chromatography, Laboratory Maintenance, Standard Operation Protocols
- Experience in microcontroller-based instruments and wireless communications will be greatly appreciated but is not a requirement.
- C and MATLAB or Python or R programming
- Experience with drones will be appreciated but is not a requirement (Drone pilot, drone maker…)
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- Driving license (to travel to external facilities where measurement campaigns will take place).
- High level of written and oral English (C1 Minimum)
- Number of available positions: 2
- Starting date: May 2022
- Working conditions:
Full time 1-year contract. Competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal information:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu