Application Deadline: 23/052022
The Bioinspired Interactive Materials and Protocellular Systems Group group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) led by Dr. César Rodríguez-Emmenegger is looking for a Senior Technician to support the implementation of projects and the training of Ph.D students. The contract will be within the framework of the newly formed group, whose objective are in the development of new materials and synthetic cells that interact with living matter.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Be involved actively in research of the group
- Be involved in projects with a tech transfer focus
- Manage the research labs
- Train new students in core techniques of the group
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in STEM. Prefer backgrounds macromolecular chemistry, physical chemistry, nanotechnology
- Experience in optical or force microscopy is desirable or willingness to learn.
- Surface analytical techniques such as SPR, AFM, ellipsometry/profilometry are a plus
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English, Spanish and Catalan.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 01/07/2022
- Working conditions:
- Full time 1.5-year contract.
Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal information:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu