Introduction to the vacant position:
Together with the Health and Safety Manager, you will support all H&S functions, in compliance with IBEC standards and applicable regulations.
You will manage risks and promote cultural change to reduce the probability of accidents and incidents.
You will bring added value to IBEC by promoting H&S culture across the organization.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform the risk assessments in all workplaces; foster the implantation of preventive measures and follow up of the preventive planification.
- Provide training for new newcomers or specific courses in H&S.
- Safety visits or inspections at the workplace. in order to check the H&S level of fulfillment in the workplaces.
- Support in audits and Inspections.
- Promote a preventive culture in IBEC and give H&S advice.
- Coordinate medical check-up to all employees.
- Research any accident or incident that may occur.
- Coordination of H&S activities.
- Collaborate to implement H&S promotion campaigns.
- Write H&S procedures, instructions, and newsletters.
- Record of H&S documents.
- Provide other necessary tasks to support the IBEC’s Health & Safety Service.
Requirements for candidates:
- Minimum experience of one year in a research institute, fine chemical company (e.g.: pharma, biotechnology, food or beverage, beauty…) or in a University or Hospital as Health and Safety technician.
- Master in Occupational Risk Prevention, with the three specializations.
- Degree in Sciences (Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy,Biotechnology, etc.).
- Experience in working with occupational risk prevention databases, and the implementation of these would be a plus.
- High level of English.
- Competences and skills: Responsibility, Teamwork, Proactivity, Problem-solving, Communication, Commitment, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- User knowledge in Office 365.
Additional experience that will be also valuable:
- Experience working with ISO 9001, ISO 45001, OHSAS.
- Knowledge and/or experience in audits.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: April 2023.
- Working conditions:
- Full time.
- Scientific and technical activities labor contract.
- Salary will be commensurate with previous experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
How to apply:
Until March 2nd an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the Selection Process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu