Introduction to the vacant position:
The Smart Nano-Bio-Devices Group is looking for a Laboratory Technician to develop scientific support to the research activities of the group dealing with the use of nanoparticles, nanosystems, nanomotors and 3D bioprinted robots in bioengineering, biotechnological and biomedical applications.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Synthesis of micro- and nanoparticles (inorganic and organic) and support in the synthesis to group members.
- Support on projects related to 3D printing and 3D bioprinting.
- Maintenance of the analytical and characterization tools, being responsible for some equipment based on candidate’s skills.
- Lab organization, ordering of reagents and equipment in coordination with other technicians and the Group Leader.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree in nanoscience and nanotechnology, nanomaterials, chemistry or similar.
- One year experience as a Technician supporting group members in international labs.
- Knowledge in synthesis of particles, microfabrication and characterization techniques.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking. Problem solving skills and organizational skills in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- High level of English
- Experience in 3D printing, 3D bioprinting
- Experience in soft lithography or microfluidics.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: April 1st 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full time
- Temporary contract for 6 months.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme for predoctral and postdoctoral researchers.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu