Introduction to the vacant position:
The Biomaterials for Regenerative Therapies Group is looking for a PostDoc to work to develop
3D microphysiological platform for high throughput biomaterials testing.Research in the
Biomaterials for Regenerative Therapies group is devoted to the development and knowledge
transfer to industry and innovative biomaterials and scaffolds for tissue regeneration. The contract will be within the framework of “Proyectos Prueba de Concepto” by the I+D+I National Program funded by MICINN.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Design and fabrication of lab-on-a-chip and microfluidic devices.
- Development and implementation of a microfluidic platforms for biomaterials testing
- Interaction with current external collaborators in the same field
- Manuscript and reports writting
- Requirements for candidates:
- Multidisciplinary knowledge in the field of bioengineering
- PhD in biomedical engineering, materials engineering or related fields.
- Previous experience in cell culture and basic molecular biology techniques.
- Previous experience in imaging techniques (confocal microscopy analysis, life imaging).
- Experience in numeric simulations (e.g. COMSOL, etc), and programing (experience in imaging processing e.g. in Python.
- Experience in microfabrication techniques/protocols
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- We Offer:
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: June 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full time 1-year contract.
Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference: PD-EE).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu