Introduction to the vacant position:
The Biosensors for Bioengineering Group is looking for a postdoctoral candidate to participate in a multidisciplinary team and to support the research work on the development of optical plasmonic biosensors integrated with organs-on-chip technology. The research will be conducted in the framework of a Pathfinder EU project in collaboration with companies and other research groups.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Led a team of researchers focused on developing plasmonic biosensors and their integration with organs-on-a-chip technology.
- Fabrication of new metaplasmonic metal surfaces with different protocols already developed in the research team and work on improving the protocols to adapt them for implementing localized surface plasmon resonance (LSPR) transduction technology.
- Characterization of the biosensors and Integration in line in microfluidic devices with 3D engineered tissues to perform in-line monitoring of different relevant biomarkers.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master’s degree in any field of bioengineering, chemistry, or physic
- Ph.D. focused on biosensors development, specifically in optical biosensors.
- Competencies and skills: excellent communication and teamwork skills, proactivity, commitment, critical, integrity and analytical thinking
- High level of English
- Experience in data analysis with specialized software (Matlab, R, Python or similar).
- Experience with cell cultivation techniques will be considered a plus.
- Experience in microfabrication techniques/protocols and working in cleanroom environments will be considered a plus.
- Competencies and skills: Excellent communication and teamwork skills, proactivity, commitment, and critical and analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 01/11/2023
- Working conditions:
- Full-time 3-year contract.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours,23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Very competitive salary.
- IBEC ensures equal access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of technical and transferable skills training, including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme for predoctoral and postdoctoral researchers.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and a high-quality international scientific environment.
- An induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permits and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until 30th September an online application form is available through IBEC’s dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
Reference: PD- JR.
If you have any further questions regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment principles (OTM-R) https://ibecbarcelona.eu/careers-at-ibec/jobs/
IBEC´s Commitment to Equal Opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
IBEC actively looks for female candidates for Senior positions (Postdoctoral and GL positions) ensuring that at least 40% of shortlisted applicants invited to interview have to be women with comparable level of CVs as the male candidates. At the end of the evaluation process, in case of equal merit, priority will be given to female candidates.
For candidates with children that come from outside Barcelona, we offer babysitting services during the interview, so you don’t have to worry about anything else than doing a good interview. Contact us if you are interested in this service.
IBEC, as a signatory of the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), will consider, especially for early-stage investigators, much more the scientific content of research outputs, than publication metrics or the identity of the journal in which it was published.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and manages 3.800 square meters of facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu