The Communications & Public Relations Unit is looking for a Content Officer, who will oversee content creation for web and social media and drafting the press releases of the scientific articles published by IBEC researchers for the media.
The aim of the Unit is to provide support to IBEC´s mission, protecting and promoting IBEC’s international reputation as a world-class center of excellence in bioengineering, advanced training, innovation, and public engagement.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
As a Content Officer you will be in charge of:
- Create engaging content to position the Institute’s research
- Produce and update web content
- Evaluate scientific articles published by IBEC researchers and draft the news for the web or a press release for the media
- Promote content on social networks
- Write scripts for audiovisual material
- Proactively suggest outreach opportunities & content ideas
- Write, edit, and translate texts for news, press releases, newsletters, and reports
- Support the Head of the Unit in other communications related functions
Requirements for candidates:
- Journalism (Bachelor or master’s degree) with a science writing background
- At least two years’ experience in writing web content, news, and press releases preferable in a scientific environment.
- Ability to eloquently produce and meticulously review all necessary content such as press releases, website content, blogs, video storyboards and newsletters
- Full command of English, and Catalan or Spanish
- Competencies: communication, team working, proactivity and attention to detail
- Studies in experimental sciences or bioengineering
- Experience with WordPress CMS and other content management systems
- Experience in photography and video editing
- Portfolio of Published Content
- The ideal candidate is a true science enthusiast
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: January 2023
- Working conditions:
- linked to projects.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Ibec ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu