Introduction to the vacant position:
The Communications and Public Relations Unit at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC)is looking for an Events and Communications Officer to organize and execute events, as well as to support the Unit in the communication of different projects.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Organization and execution of internal and external events (conferences, project meetings, meetings with partners and stakeholders, and visiting groups):
- Supporting the planning, scheduling, and rehearsing of scientific events such as seminars, including travel booking and logistics.
- Dissemination of events.
- In-person event execution and support, including live coverage in social media and photography.
Specifically with internal or external support, if needed:
Maintenance of meeting rooms, catering, and management of bookings
Registrations and follow-up; coordinating certificates of participation.
Stock and materials management and ordering.
Maintenance of contacts database and attendance registers
• Support IBEC’s Communications and Public Relations Unit in managing communications, including updating of websites, gathering news, collecting yearly indicators, and documenting live-reporting events.
• Support IBEC’s Communications and Public Relations Unit in managing some educational projects.
• Support to Strategic Initiatives Unit in the organization of institutional events, such as the annual Symposium, and support to NanoMed Spain network, including updating the project website, gathering and disseminating news, and coordinating, documenting and live-reporting events.
Requirements for candidates:
- Minimum one year experience working on events organization.
- Experience in outreach and educational activities.
- PhD in experimental sciences or bioengineering.
- Education or training in communications and events management.
- Native level in Spanish. Excellent English.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Teamwork, communication skills and proactivity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with close attention to detail and on-time delivery.
- Ability to work effectively in an international and multicultural environment.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: January 1st 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full-time, open ended contract (Scientific-technical Activities contract).
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Teleworking, up to 2 days per week.
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.