Highly qualified researchers of all nationalities willing to join a stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality scientific environment are welcome to apply.
The following requirements are common to the fellowships available:
- Candidates should be ready to enter an official doctoral programme in October 2021 (under Spanish Law). By this time, they must have obtained a university degree and a master’s degree; or must hold an official university qualification from a country of the European Higher Education Area with a minimum of 300 ECTS of official university studies, of which at least 60 are at master’s level.
- Candidates are eligible for a period of 2 years following the end of the MSc or 5 years following the end of the BSc at the time of deadline (March 26th, 2021).
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to scientific research and an excellent academic.
- Candidates must have good working knowledge of English.
- Candidates must not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Candidates must not have held a PhD contract exceeding twelve months in September 2021.
- Candidates must not have held any fellowship from the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness for the development of a PhD thesis at the time of deadline (March 26th, 2021).
- February 1st, 2021: Launch of the call
- March 26th, 2021: Deadline for submission of applications
- March 27th– April 15th ,2021: Check of eligibility Criteria
- April 16th – May 7th, 2021: Evaluation of the candidates’ CVs
- May 12th– 13th, 2021: Communication of results of the evaluation of the candidates’ CVs. Invitation of shortlisted candidates for an online interview.
- May 14th – 27th, 2021: Shortlisted candidates will be asked to contact the IBEC supervisors and get to know their research and PhD project.
- May 28th– 31st, 2021: Shortlisted candidates will present a final ranked list of their preferred PhD research projects and supervisors.
- June 1st– 4th, 2021: Online interviews with the selection committee.
- June 7th – 12th, 2021: Publication of final list of selected Letter of acceptance to be signed by candidates.From November 2021: Start of the research assistant contract.
- May 2022 (to be confirmed, based on the resolution of the call ‘Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores’ by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation): Start the of the PhD fellowships.
HOW TO APPLY
From 1st February 2021 until 26th March 2021, an online application form will be available through the IBEC International PhD Programme dedicated site.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (The Charter & Code).
In 2015, IBEC gained the HR Excellence in Research Award in recognition of our ongoing commitment. At the mid-term evaluation in 2017, IBEC was successful in retaining the award.
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) http://www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.