Introduction to the vacant position:
The Biomaterials for neural regeneration group is looking for a laboratory technician, who will support the laboratory in testing new therapeutic strategies for spinal cord regeneration.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Support the laboratory in testing new therapeutic strategies for spinal cord regeneration.
- Assist with a wide variety of in vivo surgeries (mouse model of spinal cord injury) and report results.
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include, but are not limited to: dissection, histology, cell isolation from tissues, cell culture, protein analysis.
- Manipulate hydrogels and other synthetic matrices
- Keep track and organized analytical data of performed experiments.
- Provide support for equipment maintenance as needed.
- Act as a liaison to students and laboratory personnel for training.
- Maintain laboratory supply requisition and management.
- May train junior-level staff.
- May help plan experiments or short-term goals.
Requirements for candidates:
- Higher vocational training (CFGS)
- Valuable: Degree and Master on any field on Life Sciences or equivalent.
- Poses the certificate “use and handling of experimental animals (mouse)”.
- Poses some knowledge about biomaterials
- Proficient communication skills in English (monthly meetings with collaborators in USA).
- Competencies and skills: Organized and demonstrate time management and priority setting skills, Teamwork, Commitment, Proactivity, high motivation and ability to be involved in a multidisciplinary team.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: March 2023
- Working conditions:
- linked to projects.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organizes seminars and PhD discussions. Mobility grants are offered. Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu