Application Deadline: 28/02/2020
The nanodevices group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to participate in a project related with the use of nanomotors for medical applications. The contract will be within the framework of projects the project “BotsInFluids” whose objective is the development of biocompatible enzyme-powered nanoparticles moving in complex fluids
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Produce enzymes in house for enzyme-powered nanomotors
- Developing new lines of research within the project.
- Collaboration with the partners from the Consortium.
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD on any field on Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (enzyme production, surface functionalization, catalysis, nanotechnology, sensing)
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Commitment, Proactivity, Collegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- Availability to travel
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: March 2020
- Working conditions:
- Full time 1 year contract. Competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organises seminars and PhD discussions. Mobility grants are offered. Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 28/02/2020 (Reference: PD-SS.2).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu