Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
Requirements for candidates:
- Design and fabrication of lab-on-a-chip and microfluidic devices
- Development and implementation of a microfluidic platforms to study the metabolism of bioengineered tissues
- Collaborate in the development of functional bioreactors for NMR studies
- PhD in physics, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or similar areas
- Previous experience in the design (CAD designing or similar programs) and manufacturing of organs-on-a-chip, microfluidics and integrated chip systems/devices, as well as experience in microfabrication techniques/protocols and cleanroom environments.
- Competencies and skills: Excellent communication and teamworking skills, proactivity, commitment, critical and analytical thinking
- High level of English
- Experience in cell culture
- International experience
- Experience in scientific writing (papers)
- Multidisciplinary qualifications and/or knowledge on biosensors and spectroscopic techniques (specifically on NMR) will be a plus.
How to apply:
Until July, 30th
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 1 September 2021
- Working conditions:
- Full time contract for 1.5 years. Competitive salary/ Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
an online application form
is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.