The Nanomalaria Group is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to work on the development of the new antimalarial drug YAT2150. The contract will be within the framework of one of the research lines of the Nanomalaria Group, whose objective is the characterization of the inhibition of protein aggregation as a novel mode of action of future antimalarial drugs.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Encapsulation of antimalarial drugs in targeted nanocarriers
- Characterization of the in vitro and in vivo antimalarial activity of the encapsulated drugs
- Characterization of RNAseq profiles of drug-treated vs. non-treated Plasmodium falciparum cultures.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master on Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy or related field.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English.
- Expertise in Plasmodium falciparum in vitro cultures, including gametocytes.
- Proficiency in confocal fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry and molecular biology.
- Expertise in drug encapsulation in immunoliposomes.
- Experience in the manipulation of laboratory animals.
- Supervision of Master and PhD students.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: October 1, 2022
- Working conditions:
- Type of Contract “Actividades cientifico-tecnicas”.
- Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal information:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu