Introduction to the vacant position:
The Signal and Information Processing for Sensing Systems Group led by Dr. Santiago Marco at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Research Assistant to work on data analysis.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Computational Cluster/Disk Server administration
- Support the development/maintenance of R-packages
- Development of software documentation & testing methodologies
- Statistical/ Machine Learning analysis of datasets
- Data Visualization
- Preparation of Graphical User Interfaces in R-shiny
Requirements for candidates:
- Preferred profile: MSc (or PhD) in Computer Science, Statistics, Maths, Engineering, Bioinformatics with emphasis on Computational Data Science
– Experience in Linux administration
– Experience in R programming, visualization and package building
– Previous experience in some of the following domains:
- Signal Processing
- Advanced Statistics
- Machine Learning
– Experience with GitHub/GitLab
– Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge.
– High level of oral and written English.
– High motivation and ability to be involved in a multidisciplinary team
- Other valuable skills:
– International research experience- Programming in Python and/or MATLAB
– Previous experience in the analysis of biomedical/metabolomics datasets
– Experience with containers
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: April 2023
- Working conditions:
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Salary will be determined by experience and scientific background.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
How to apply:
- Until March 22nd an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
- Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
- Reference: LT-SM.
- If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu