With the aim to recruit research staff for the implementation of one of the sixteen «Collaborative Projects» selected in Catalonia within the framework of the Complementary Plan for Biotechnology in Catalonia, this selection process is opened. This Complementary Plan is co-funded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation and the Generalitat de Catalunya under the C17.I1 of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan (PRTR).
1. Introduction to the position:
Research position to join the breast cancer research group within the framework of the project New immunotherapeutic opportunities in metastatic breast cancer: CDK4/6 inhibitors and their impact on the immune system (InMaM) led by Dr. Ester Ballana (IrsiCaixa) and Dr. Mireia Margelí (B-ARGO, Breast Cancer Unit).
The candidate will join a multidisciplinary group with extensive knowledge and recognized experience in key and complementary disciplines such as immunology, cellular and molecular biology, oncology, clinical and translational research and clinical medicine. Therefore, it is necessary that the candidate has the ability to collaborate in the creation of synergies between the clinical and basic research teams.
This project has been prioritized by the IBEC under the “Plan Complementario de Biotecnología aplicada a la Salud” (biotechnology applied to health), which is co-financed by the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación and the Generalitat de Catalunya, with funds from the European Union NextGenerationEU (PRTR-C17.I1)
2. The successful candidate will develop research involving:
Under the direction of the principal investigators the applicant will carry out the following research activities:
- Updating and recording of clinical data from the study cohort, with the support of the ICO-Badalona clinical trials unit.
- Processing and storage of blood samples from patients with breast cancer.
- Participation in the experimental design and analysis of single cell transcriptomics data (selection of patients, sample preparation…)
- Experimental validation of the results obtained in additional cohorts of patients.
- Development of in vitro models aimed at evaluating new therapeutic combinations.
The selected candidate will be located at the Irsicaixa and IGTP facilities, in Can Ruti campus in Badalona (IrsiCaixa-IGTP)
3. Requirements for candidates
- Master degree in the biomedicine field.
- Experience in cell culture (primary and cell lines), evaluation of immunomodulatory factors (cytokines, chemokines, soluble factors…), flow cytometry and basic molecular biology techniques (PCR, isolation of DNA/RNA, western blot, etc).
- Knowledge on the mechanisms of antitumor immune response.
- At least one publication in an international peer-reviewed journal as first author
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking
- High level of English
- PhD in the Biomedicine field
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: Between the 1st of April and the 16th of June 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full time 18-month contract. Attractive salary
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme for predoctoral and postdoctoral researchers.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
Reference: PPCC- InMaM
If you have any further questions regarding your application or the application process, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding a project or the Complementary Plan, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu