Introduction to the vacant position:
The Technology Transfer and Business Development Office at Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a senior manager to consolidate his/her career in the areas of Technology Transfer and Business Development.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Management of technology transfer projects and valorization programs
• Documentation management
• Technical and market research activities
• Patent management
• Detection and promotion of business opportunities
• Detection, promotion assistance in proof-of-concept processes
• Promotion of the establishment of Spin-off and Start-ups
• Functional management of team members under their responsibility
• Represent the institute in front of agents of the sector and companies in institutional events.
Requirements for candidates:
- Minimum 4 years of previous experience in technology transfer and hospital environment.
- Promotion and management of the establishment of Spin-off
- Knowledge about public and / or private finance funds for research activities.
- Previous experience in Proof-of-Concept projects.
- Competences and skills: Teamwork, Proactivity, Problem-solving, Communication, Commitment, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- Previous experience in management of a software for Technology Transfer.
- Full command of Spanish and English.
- PhD in life sciences, with experience in research.
- Intermediate level of Catalan.
- Previous experience in one or more of the following:
- a company in the health market.
- research projects management.
- drug and/or medical device development.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: February 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full time permanent position (Specific Rate of Replacement for the stabilization of temporary work, requested by the Administration of the Generalitat based on the 4th additional provision of Royal Decree Law 32/2021, of December 28.Additional replacement rate authorized by the Ministry of Finance and Public Function. Approved by the IBEC Board of Trustees).
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Specific training for the position will be offered. IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the Selection Process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Having a disability certificate equal to or greater than 33% will be valued positively.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach, and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health, and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu