Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Design and fabrication of lab-on-a-chip and microfluidic devices
- Development and implementation of a microfluidic platforms to study the metabolism of bioengineered tissues
- Collaborate in the development of functional bioreactors for NMR studies
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in physics, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or similar areas
- Previous experience in the design (CAD designing or similar programs) and manufacturing of organs-on-a-chip, microfluidics and integrated chip systems/devices, as well as experience in microfabrication techniques/protocols and cleanroom environments.
- Competencies and skills: Excellent communication and teamworking skills, proactivity, commitment, critical and analytical thinking
- High level of English
- Experience in cell culture
- International experience
- Experience in scientific writing (papers)
- Multidisciplinary qualifications and/or knowledge on biosensors and spectroscopic techniques (specifically on NMR) will be a plus.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 1 August 2022, temporary 4 months position
- Working conditions:
- Full time contract for 0.5 years. Competitive salary/ Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.