Tasks and responsibilities:
– Fabrication and characterization of biomolecular gradients on soft hydrogels.
-Investigate the effects of protein gradients and scaffold curvature on intestinal stem cell differentiation and migration.
-Production of 3D models of functional intestinal epithelium from intestinal organoids.
Requirements for candidates:
– Master Degree in Biology, Physics, Engineering or equivalent. Minimum of 300 credits ECTS, 60 of which from Master to be admitted in a Doctoral program.
– Previous experience in microfabrication, gradient fabrication, biomaterials and cell culture will be a value.
– High level of English.
– Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge.
– High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
– To develop a high qualitative level doctoral thesis, being able to rise the scientific interest, within the timeframe and under the Group Leader supervision.
– Excellent team working and communication skills.
– Ph.D. contract of 3 years.
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
– Salary in agreement with IBEC PhD grants.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to: email@example.com, before 30/04/2018 (Reference: PhD-EM).