Data límit: 29/10/2021
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), a cutting-edge research center based in Barcelona, is looking for a Project Manager in Research.
We have an exciting full-time, development opportunity for a new Project Manager to join our Projects Office in Barcelona.
His/her role will be to oversee and manage the research projects of several research lines, liaising with other sites and institutions across Spain and Europe.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
– Funding: Identify new project opportunities for the research lines assigned.
– Project formulation: Support in the definition of project goals, advising on project partners, preparation of budget, support on proposal writing and submission.
– Project management: Liaising between project and funders; coordination between sites within international projects; coordinating and overseeing project reporting; keeping track of project agendas and deadlines.
– Financial management of the research lines: Maximizing the outcome of the research lines within the available budget.
– Liaising between research group leaders and other IBEC support areas (HR, Finance, Tech Transfer and Communication) for the daily running of the research lines.
– Promotion of the interaction of research groups within IBEC to increase interdisciplinary.
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in biotechnology.
- Minimum three years experience in research project management, in particular regarding Framework Programme projects (H2020) and other EU & international funding schemes.
- Full command of Spanish and English. Catalan is a plus.
- Competencies: Communication, teamwork, proactivity, problem solving, decision making, planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of public and private research funding systems (European and Spanish).
- Knowledge of public research Catalan system.
- Previous experience working with international collaborators; previous experience coordinating EC consortium projects will be very valuable.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: December 2021
- Working conditions:
- Open end, full-time contract (according to the replacement rate established by the budget law and approved by the IBEC Board of Trustees).
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Specific training for the position will be offered. IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- High-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the Selection Process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Having a disability certificate equal to or greater than 33% will be valued positively.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach, and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health, and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu