Introduction to the vacant position:
The Biomimetic Systems for Cell Engineering Group is looking for a Senior Researcher.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Make strategic and scientific contributions to the development and integration of a bioreactor for a biohybrid actuated catheter.
- Development of novel microfabrication techniques (micro structuring and protein patterning) compatible with soft hydrogels.
- Establishment of assays, optimization of experimental procedures, and development of analysis pipelines for experiments of the cell dynamics in co-cultures.
- Generate original ideas and develop testable research questions within the strategic framework of the project and the research program of the group.
- Take day-to-day responsibility for the organization of scientific and administrative tasks, to efficiently deliver objectives on time, organizing, and delegating work to other members of the team as appropriate.
- Draft reports to funders and other partners, regularly write research articles for peer-reviewed journals, and lead seminars to disseminate research findings.
Requirements for candidates:
- Ph.D in Biomedicine with postdoctoral experience in bioengineering and biophysics with focus in the development of biomimetic cell culture environments.
- At least six years have passed since the date of obtaining the doctorate. This date will be understood as the date of doctoral thesis defense. For those who hold more than one doctorate, this requirement refers to the first one obtained.
- Demonstrate quality of production and scientific-technological activity:
- a) Scientific and technical contributions: Articles published in scientific journals, books or chapters of scientific and technical books, works presented at congresses, patents granted or licensed, and, in general, any other contribution that allows the assessment of the different aspects of research, including technology transfer.
- b) Other curricular merits: It will be assessed, among other aspects:
- the management of doctoral theses, final master’s theses and final degree theses,
- obtaining awards, mentions and distinctions,
- dissemination and scientific dissemination activities
- Have postdoctoral experience at Spanish and/or foreign universities or R&D centers other than IBEC. Stays or mobility while providing services to IBEC.
- any other contribution that makes it possible to assess research merits not included in the previous sections
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (Physics/Math’s, Physics/Engineering, etc.) and/or knowledge on bioengineering (specifically on complex cell culture environments will be a plus).
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- Experience in microfabrication, microfluidics, and characterization techniques (atomic force microscopy and confocal microscopy), surface chemistry and cell culture.
- Strong background in biophysics, specifically in single and collective migration.
- Experience in image analysis and data processing.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: March 1st 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full time
- Permanent position (Specific Rate of Replacement for the stabilization of temporary work, requested by the Administration of the Generalitat based on the 4th additional provision of Royal Decree Law 32/2021, of December 28. Additional replacement rate authorized by the Ministry of Finance and Public Function).
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com.
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu