Application Deadline: 31/01/2022
In the framework of the Severo Ochoa, the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is launching the International PhD Programme 2022, 3 fellowships will be offered funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, through the ‘Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores’ 2022-call. 2 more PhD fellowship will be funded by IBEC.
Highly qualified researchers of all nationalities willing to join a stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality scientific environment are welcome to apply.
The following requirements are common to the fellowships available:
- Candidates should be ready to enter an official doctoral programme in October 20221 (under Spanish Law). By this time, they must have obtained a university degree and a master’s degree; or must hold an official university qualification from a country of the European Higher Education Area with a minimum of 300 ECTS of official university studies, of which at least 60 are at master’s level. Candidates who expect to be awarded with such degrees by October 2022 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates are eligible for a period of 2 years following the end of the MSc or 5 years following the end of the BSc at the time of deadline (March 26th, 2021 January 31st 2022).
- Candidates must have an average final mark of BSc of at least 7/10 (Spanish system).
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to scientific research and an excellent academic record.
- Candidates must have good working knowledge of English.
- Candidates must not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Candidates must not have held a PhD contract exceeding twelve months in September 2022.
- Candidates must not have held any fellowship from the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness for the development of a PhD thesis at the time of deadline (March 26th, 2021 January 31st 2022).
- December 15th, 2021: Launch of the call.
- January 31st, 2022: Deadline for submission of applications.
- Feb 1st – Feb 15th, 2022: Check of eligibility Criteria.
- Feb 16th – March 10th, 2022: Evaluation of the candidates’ CVs.
- March 11th – 14th, 2022: Communication of results of the evaluation of the candidates’ CVs. Invitation of shortlisted candidates for an online interview.
- March 15th – 25th, 2022: Shortlisted candidates will be asked to contact the IBEC supervisors and get to know their research and PhD project.
- March 28th – 31st, 2022: Shortlisted candidates will present a final ranked list of their preferred PhD research projects and supervisors.
- April 1st – 10th, 2022: Online interviews with the selection committee.
- April 20th – 24th, 2022: Publication of final list of selected candidates. Letter of acceptance to be signed by candidates.
- As of November 2022: Start of the research assistant contract
- May 2023 (to be confirmed, based on the resolution of the call ‘Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores’ by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation): Start the of the PhD fellowships.
HOW TO APPLY
From December 15th 2021 until January 31st 2022, an online application form will be available through the IBEC International PhD Programme dedicated site.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (The Charter & Code).
In 2015, IBEC gained the HR Excellence in Research Award in recognition of our ongoing commitment. At the mid-term evaluation in 2017, IBEC was successful in
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) http://www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
In line with the principles defined in the OTM-R procedure, selection processes are governed by the following principles:
- Transparency throughout the whole process
- Equal opportunities in the selection and hiring of personnel
- Non-discrimination on grounds of sex, age, ethnic, national or social origin, religion, sexual orientation, language, disability, political opinions or social and economic condition
- Merit based evaluation
- Confidentiality as the cornerstone of the selection process
- Principle of public dissemination of the selection processes, which must also be internationally comparable