Introduction to the vacant position:
The Smart Nano-Bio-Devices Group is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to work on the development of biohybrid 3D printed machines based on living tissues. The contract will be within the framework of the Biomeld Research and Innovation Action (RIA) project, funded by the European Union (Horizon Europe research and innovation programme under grant agreement number 101070328).
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Development of 3D printed models based on skeletal muscle cells by using different 3D bioprinting fabrication techniques
- Experience on robotic biohybrid systems: actuator design and integration of control elements, such as optical or electronic interfaces
- Experience in tissue engineering and cell culture
- Experience in lab-on-a-chip devices or other related platforms devoted to muscle cell maturation
- Interest on working in an interdisciplinary research line, where collaboration is essential, both internally in the group and with the different international collaborators
- Interaction and reporting to the coordinate program to the other international partners, and in the several cluster meetings that will take place
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD on any field on biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, biomedicine, nanotechnology.
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (Physics/Engineering, Chem/Bio,etc.) and/or knowledge on tissue engineering, biointerfaces and biofluids.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Working conditions:
- 1 Full time 1-year contract.
Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu