Application Deadline: 30/07/2021
The Bacterial Infections: antimicrobial therapies group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to work on the development of new technologies to treat chronic bacterial infections.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Characterization of different bacterial biofilms.
- Use of nanoparticles to deliver antimicrobials in bacterial infections
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in biology, biotechnology, or similar areas but with high microbiology background and expertise.
- Previous experience in bacteria high advance microscopy, cell culture biology and infections, microfluidics, nanoparticle characterization and biofilm flow cell system studies.
- Competencies and skills: Excellent communication and teamworking skills, proactivity, commitment, critical and analytical thinking
- High level of English.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 1 September 2021
- Working conditions:
- Full time contract for 1 year. Competitive salary/ Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.