Application Deadline: 15/09/2021
The Signal and information processing for sensing systems group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Laboratory Technician to work in biomedical data analysis. The contract will be within the framework of: Projectes de recerca “La Marató”, whose objective Anticipation of respiratory outcomes in ICU COVID-19 patients by metabolic signatures
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Statistical Analysis of Metabolomics and Clinical datasets
- Development of Machine Learning Models
- Data Visualization
- Preparation of project reports
- Communication with external partners and the funding the research
Requirements for candidates:
- MSc (or PhD) in Statistics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Engineering
- Previous experience in some of the following domains:
- Advanced Statistics
- Omics Data Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Experience in R programming, visualization and package building
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
Other valuable skills:
- International research experience
- Programming in Python and/or MATLAB
- Linux Administration
- Previous experience in the analysis of biomedical/metabolomics datasets
- Experience in querying metabolomic databases.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: Septembre -October 2021
- Working conditions:
- Full time 1,5 year contract Open ended.
Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal information:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 23 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu