Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Fabrication and characterization of polymer nanoparticles (e.g. polystyrene, PLGA) coated by absorption with targeting antibodies (size, polydispersity, z-potential, loading, targeting valency, stability, etc.).
- Visualization of targeted nanoparticles (e.g. by transmission or scanning electron microscopy).
- Recreation of inflammation and lysosomal disease BBB models.
- In vitro examination of the interaction with and transport of targeted nanoparticles into and across BBB models (e.g. transwells, radioisotopic quantification, confocal fluorescence microscopy and image analysis, etc.)
- In vivo study of circulation of biodistribution of targeted nanoparticles using mouse models.
- Contribute to regular lab keeping tasks, safety compliance, record keeping, collaborations, student mentoring, writing and reporting of results, lab meetings, and other general assistance to the GL and the lab.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master on any field related to Molecular or Cellular Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedicine, Nanotechnology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, etc.
- Familiar with BBB mimics, inflammation and lysosomal disease models, radioisotopic tracing, confocal microscopy, polymer nanoparticle preparation/characterization, receptor targeting, endocytosis/transcytosis transport, and in vivo models.
- Good skills on communication, teamwork, proactivity, commitment, resilience, collegiality, integrity, multitasking and time management, critical and analytical thinking, and operational independence.
- High level of English for daily use in oral and written form.
- Previous and demonstrable research experience for a minimum of 1-year in a continuous project dealing with BBB targeting and transport.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: December 2021
- Working conditions:
- Full time 4-month contract that could be extended pending performance and funding.
Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal information:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu