Application Deadline: 17/06/2021
The Targeted Therapeutics and nanodevices group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Research Assistant to collaborate in a research project focused on the design and characterization of drug targeting strategies for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
The contract will be within the framework of the project “CROSSTARGET: Development of new translational cross-species tools for therapeutic targeting with organ and subcellular precision”, funded by the Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades under its RETOS program.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Identification of specific antibody hits from a library.
- Cloning and characterization of best hits.
- Use best hits to target therapeutic constructs to intended cells and characterize their cell interactions and effects in cellular and mouse models of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Contribute to regular lab keeping tasks, safety compliance, record keeping, collaborations, writing and reporting of results, lab meetings, and other general assistance to the GL and the lab.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master (or equivalent credits) on any field on Molecular or Cellular Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedicine, Microbiology, Immunology, or related field.
- Familiar with recombinant technology such as cloning, transfection and/or generation of stable cell lines, as well as mammalian cell cultures, fluorescence microscopy, and therapeutic strategies.
- Good skills on communication, teamwork, proactivity, commitment, resilience, collegiality, integrity, multitasking and time management, critical and analytical thinking, and operational independence.
- High level of English for daily use in oral and written form.
- Previous research experience for a minimum of 1-year in a continuous project.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: August 9, 2021
- Working conditions:
- Three-month full-time contract to be then extended as a pre-doctoral contract pending performance.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before June 17, 2021 (Reference: RA-SM).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu