Introduction to the vacant position:
The Smart Nano-Bio-Devices Group is looking for a Senior Researcher to develop research activities within the field of new nanotechnologies for precision medicine using smart nanosystems such as nanoparticles, nanomotors, nanomachines and similar. The group seeks for an excellent candidate with international experience in drug delivery and gene delivery systems for biomedical applications and in particular for cancer therapy.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the research team with high quality research ideas, performance of research projects, design experiments, provide ideas for new research lines.
- Publish research articles at the maximum level possible.
- Present the research in scientific conferences and other forums.
- Supervise undergraduate, Master and PhD students in agreement with the group leader.
- Write proposals to support the team activities, help the Group Leader in the writing of proposals.
- Search and application for individual fellowships and/or awards.
- Support the Group Leader in writing and organizing cooperative proposals, consortia, and similar proposals.
- Lead some research lines of the group upon agreement with the group leader. Organize project meeting on those research lines, be critical, constructive and provide new ideas for future research lines of the group.
- Provide scientific support to group members involved in the translational applications of nanoparticles and nanomotors.
- Be the responsible and contact person when the Group Leader is absent.
- Contribute with new ideas and innovation with the potential of generate intellectual property to widen the library of patents of the group.
- Contact person with collaborators and contribute with international experience to enrich the network of collaborators of the group.
Requirements for candidates:
- Ph.D with postdoctoral experience in chemistry, physics, biophysics, biomedical engineering, nanotechnology, and related with focus in translational (nano)medicine.
- At least six years have passed since the date of obtaining the doctorate. This date will be understood as the date of doctoral thesis defense. For those who hold more than one doctorate, this requirement refers to the first one obtained.
- Demonstrate quality of production and scientific-technological activity:
a) Scientific and technical contributions: Articles published in scientific journals, books or chapters of scientific and technical books, works presented at congresses, patents granted or licensed, and, in general, any other contribution that allows the assessment of the different aspects of research, including technology transfer.
b) Other curricular merits: It will be assessed, among other aspects:
– the management of doctoral theses, final master’s theses and final degree theses,
– obtaining awards, mentions and distinctions,
– dissemination and scientific dissemination activities
– Have postdoctoral experience at Spanish and/or foreign universities or R&D centers other than IBEC. Stays or mobility while providing services to IBEC.
– any other contribution that makes it possible to assess research merits not included in the previous sections
- Multidisciplinary qualifications combining nanotechnology, physics, chemistry, biomedicine and knowledge on drug delivery and gene delivery systems and in active matter such as nanomotors. (Especially chemical nanomotors will be a plus).
- Experience in synthesis of nanoparticles, nanoformulations, surface functionalization, drug and genetic material loading and release.
- Experience in cell culture and study of cell toxicity and similar by confocal, FACS, etc.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- Experience in cancer nanomedicine.
- Experience in programming, mastering skills in data analysis.
- High level of optical microscopy experience.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: June 2023.
- Working conditions:
- Full time.
- Permanent position. According to the replacement rate established by the budget law and approved by the IBEC Board of Trustees.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme for predoctral and postdoctoral researchers.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu