Introduction to the vacant position:
The Pluripotency for organ regeneration Group is looking for a Postdoc to develop his/her project on the fabrication of microfluidic devices for tissue engineered organ-on-a-chip cultures during health and upon SARS-CoV-2 infection. The contract will be within the framework of “Modern approaches for developing antivirals against SARS-CoV 2” from the Innovative Medicines Initiative 2 Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement no. 101005026
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Design and fabrication of lab-on-a-chip and microfluidic devices for kidney and gastric organoids.
- Development and implementation of a microfluidic platform to study cell-to-cell and organoid-to-organoid cross-talk in healthy conditions and upon viral infection.
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, or similar areas
- Previous experiment in human pluripotent stem cell culture
- Previous expertise in the derivation of organoids from human pluripotent stem cells
- Previous experience in genome editing in human pluripotent stem cells and organoids.
- Previous experience in confocal microscopy analysis will be a plus.
- Competencies and skills: Excellent communication and teamworking skills, proactivity, commitment, critical and analytical thinking
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 01/10/2022
- Working conditions:
- 1 Full time contract for scientific and technical activities
- Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal information:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu