Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Work proactively with IBEC Management to develop integrated communications strategies in support of IBEC’s mission and vision.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, monitor, and evaluate the external and internal corporate communications, events, outreach, communities, fundraising, marketing, and public relations functions at the Institute.
- Provide vision, leadership and support for external and internal communications activities ensuring products and services are delivered to the highest standard and levels of creativity.
- Special emphasis will be given on: Scientific and institutional external communications, from web, to social media, press releases to newsletters, both national and international, to gain recognition for the institute and their research.
- In addition: print and online publications, branding, crisis communication, editorial support, visual identity guidelines and internal communications.
- Organize and monitor the execution of internal and external events (conferences, project meetings, meetings with partners and stakeholders, and visiting groups):
- Design, planning and monitor the implementation of communication plans for institutional and research projects coordinated by IBEC.
- Design, planning and monitor the execution of outreach activities, including talks, open days and attendance at careers fairs and science exhibitions fostering interactions with the public, through initiatives based on IBEC science and the strategic priorities of the Institute.
- Identify, build, and nurture relationships between the company and different audiences to project IBEC and earn recognition as one of the world’s leading research centres in bioengineering to improve health.
- Support the Strategic Initiatives Unit in the organization and execution of institutional events.
- Support IBEC’s Management for fundraising activities and donor relations, including major donor strategies, legacies, campaigns, regular giving, and stewardship.
Requirements for candidates:
- University degree. A postgraduate or master’s degree in science communication will be advantageous.
- Over 10 years of experience in a communications Department, ideally in a research institute like IBEC.
- At least 5 years of experience in a middle-management position in communications, running a team within a scientific or academic international environment.
- A proven track record of boost and direct leadership in any of the areas of comms: corporate communications, events, outreach, public relations, fundraising or others.
- Experience in teaching science communication and/or contribution to external initiatives, think-tanks related to science education will be an asset.
- Solid understanding of, or interest in, science.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A strong foundation in core communications skills such as press and media relations, web development, print and outline publications, public engagement, social media strategy, internal communications, branding, event organization and crisis communication.
- Ability to effectively engage and interface with a wide range of interlocutors, including senior management as well as scientists, staff, and students in an international and intercultural environment.
- Proactivity, people management, written and oral communication, organized and result oriented.
- Fluent in both spoken and written english. Knowledge of Catalan and Spanish.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: September 1st 2022
- Working conditions:
- Full-time, permanent contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R). https://ibecbarcelona.eu/es/jobs/
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 23 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 380 people from more than 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu