Tasks and responsibilities:
-Design and fabrication of sensors
-Characterization by electrochemical, optical and microscopy techniques
-Optimization of working conditions
-Optical and electrochemical measurements to test sensors for the detection of disease biomarkers
-Sensor integration with smartphone technology
Requirements for candidates:
– Degree in Chemistry, Physics, Electrical engineering or similar
– Experience in one or more of the following is a plus: electrochemistry, microfabrication, bio-functionalizations,
electronics, mobile app development
– High level of English
– Critical approach, communication skills and high motivation for scientific research
– Excellent team working in an international multidisciplinary
– Possible stay within 2018-2019 (minimum 6 months, ideally 8-10 months). Start date in October or November
– Possibility to develop a Master Final Project (Treball Final de Màster).
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV with highlighted all competences and experience relevant for the project and also attach your full academic record with your marks to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30/10/2018 indicating the Reference: MS-SS