Application Deadline: 24/06/2022
The Biosensors for Bioengineering Group is looking for a senior researcher to develop a project in collaboration with a company. The contract will be within the framework of a collaborative project with a company whose objective is to develop new biomaterials for stem cell implantations
In our lab we use bioengineering methods to create 3D environments that support embryonic development outside of the mother uterus. Our systems are accessible to imaging tools which allow us to interrogate the genetics, metabolomics and mechanics of the embryo in a high throughput manner. Using our systems we are capable to (i) improve embryo culture conditions and (ii) diagnose embryos with improved implantation potential.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Cultivate stem cells
- Develop biomaterials and cell encapsulation protocols
- To coordinate the technical work with the company
Requirements for candidates:
- Background in Biology
- Multidisciplinary background with knowledge in stem cultivations and biomaterials production.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: July 2022
- Working conditions:
- Full time contract, Competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal information:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu