Introduction to the vacant position:
The Smart Nano-Bio-Devices Group is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support the administration tasks of the research group.
Reporting to the Group Leader you will be working closely with the Lab technicians on all forms of administrative management and will carry out multidisciplinary administrative support activities in both the lab and the research group management.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
As Administrative Assistant, you will play a key role in the overall laboratory support of all the administrative management tasks necessary for the correct functioning of the Smart Nano-Bio-Devices Group. You will have to ensure the smooth running of administrative tasks contributing to the improvement of procedures and day to day operations.
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
– Manage and coordinate the Group Leader’s agenda (travels, meetings, conferences).
– Purchase orders and coordinate tasks with the technicians of the group.
– Day-to-day administrative support to research group members
– Coordinate the administrative management of the research group: registration and filing of internal documentation.
– Update website and social media from the group.
– Group meetings management and travel support.
– Give support to the group projects and presentations (Power Point, drafts of projects, etc.)
– Interaction with support staff from IBEC (PM Office, Finances, HR, TT Office)
– Financial management and control of deadlines.
– Support with the recruitment of new personnel, onboarding information and exit documentation.
– Support the Group Leader’s emailing with external collaborators.
– Support researchers throughout the projects’ life (administrative support of documentation and follow up).
– Gather information on projects in order to ensure that deadlines are respected.
– Administrative management: registration and archive of internal documents.
Requirements for candidates:
- Higher Vocational Training in Administration (CFGS)
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office.
- Full command in Spanish, Catalan.
- Advanced level of English (the current language of communication in the group is English).
- Competencies: communication, teamwork, proactivity, attention to detail, planning and organizational skills.
- Scientific background in chemistry, engineering, biology or related.
Advantageous: At least 2 years of previous experience in a similar position.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: May 1st
- Working conditions:
- Part time (25 to 30 hours per week) open-ended contract linked to the duration of the project.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- High-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until April 21th an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the Selection Process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC). IBEC is located within theBarcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu