Introduction to the vacant position:
The Bioengineering in Reproductive Health Group offers a lab technician position for an experienced embryologist to develop a project in collaboration with the industry. The project involves testing the effects of different culture media reagents on mouse and human embryos in culture.
Our laboratory is a multidisciplinary environment where biologists, biophysicists, clinicians and business developers synergize to create a unique environment shaped by science and entrepreneurship. Due to the high translational component of our research, we have established collaboration contracts with the pharma industry, hospitals and venture capital to bring our technology to the clinics and the market.
In our lab we use bioengineering methods to create 3D environments that support embryonic development outside of the mother uterus. Our systems are accessible to imaging tools which allow us to interrogate the genetics, metabolomics and mechanics of the embryo in a high throughput manner. Using our systems we are capable to (i) improve embryo culture conditions and (ii) diagnose embryos with improved implantation potential.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Human (and mouse) embryo culture and manipulation
- Embryo biopsy
- Embryo vitrification
- Daily embryo assessment
- Ethics project and Standard operational procedures (SOPs) preparation
- Involvement in basic research projects
Requirements for candidates:
- Higher vocational training (CFGS)
- Valuable: Degree and Master on any field on Life Sciences or equivalent
- 3 years experience on human embryo culture and manipulation as well as cryopreservation techniques
- Micromanipulation skills and embryo biopsy experience
- Fluent level of English
- Competencies and skills: Teamwork, Commitment, Proactivity, high motivation and ability to be involved in a multidisciplinary team
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: February 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full time open-ended contract linked to the project.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organizes seminars and PhD discussions. Mobility grants are offered. Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu