Download the PDF at Events and Communications Officer 2018 add
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Organizing of events at the institute (internal and external, including the Annual Symposium, meetings, conferences, open days, partner or stakeholder visits, etc).
o Supporting the planning, scheduling and rehearsing of scientific events such as seminars, including travel booking and logistics;
o Events dissemination;
o In-person event execution and support, including live coverage in social media and photography;
o Maintenance of meeting rooms, catering and management of bookings;
o Registrations and follow-up; coordinating certificates of participation;
o Stock and materials management and ordering;
o Maintenance of contacts database and attendance registers;
• Support to IBEC’s Communications and Outreach Unit in managing communications for Mechanocontrol, a European project, including updating the project website, managing the Twitter account, acting as communications lead among the partner organizations, gathering news, collecting yearly indicators, and coordinating, documenting and live-reporting events.
• Support to the IBEC-managed NanoMed Spain network, including updating the project website, gathering and disseminating news, and coordinating, documenting and live-reporting events.
Requirements for candidates:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Education or training in communications or events, or equivalent experience.
• Fluent / Native level in Spanish and Catalan. Excellent English.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Teamwork, communication skills and proactivity.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with close attention to detail and on-time delivery.
• Ability to work effectively in an international and multicultural environment.
• Number of available positions: 1
• Starting date: December 2018
• Working conditions:
o Full time temporary contract.
o Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
• Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 22/11/2018 (Reference: EO-COM).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu