1.Introduction to the vacant position:
Within the framework DATOS-CAT project (“Implementation and database analysis in precision medicine”), an initiative under the “Plan Complementario de Biotecnología aplicada a la Salud”, coordinated by the Institute for Bioengineering for Catalonia (IBEC), we are seeking a Full Stack Engineer to join the Single Cell Genomics and Data Platforms and Tools Development Teams at the Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG).
We are looking for a full stack developer that will work in a highly collaborative, international and multi-disciplinary work environment. The candidate will be integrated in the Single Cell Genomics and the Data Platforms and Tools Development Teams, with well-experienced colleagues in single-cell data analysis and in the development of federated infrastructures for data discovery and data analysis in the clinics, respectively.
Her/his work will be geared towards the infrastructure and analysis needs for the implementation of Precision Medicine using data from the Spanish cohorts GCAT Genomes of Life (http://www.gcatbiobank.org/), IMPaCT-Cohortes and others, in the framework of DATOS-CAT project.
This Plan Complementario is co-financed by the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación and the Generalitat de Catalunya, with funds from the European Union NextGenerationEU (PRTR-C17.I1)
2.The successful candidate will develop research involving:
The selected candidate will work on the following activities:
- Focus on infrastructure and analysis needs for the implementation of Precision Medicine using data from the Spanish cohorts GCAT Genomes of Life, IMPaCT-Cohortes and others.
- Development and implementation of tools to collect, analyse, interpret and visualise single cell genomic, transcriptomic, spatial and clinical data.
The candidate will work at the Single Cell Genomics and the Data Platforms and Tools Development team at CNAG-CRG.
3.Requirements for candidates
- MSc in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar.
- At least 3 year working experience as Data engineer or similar role in Unix operating systems.
- Experience with at least two of these programming languages: python, scala, java, clojure, groovy.
- Experience with software control version.
- Experience with task automation.
- Experience in next generation sequencing data management or analysis will be valued.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- PhD in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 1st of June 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full-time 20-month contract. Attractive salary
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, 23 working days of paid holidays, and nine leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and a high-quality international scientific environment.
- IBEC ensures equal access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC, or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of technical and transferable skills training, including mobility grants and a Mentoring program for researchers.
- An induction program to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support are provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permits and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until March 12th, an online application form is available through IBEC’s dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further questions regarding your application or the application process, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent, and Merit-based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment to equal opportunities:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion to support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual orientation, or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ confidential data are processed per the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the selection process.
Who are we?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities, and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in research, training, human resources, outreach, and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality, interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to a better quality of life, improves health, and creates wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals, and corporations are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB), and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and manages 3.800 square meters of facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu