Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Work proactively with IBEC Management to develop integrated research management strategies in support of IBEC’s mission and vision.
- Project Management of competitive calls in compliance with the applicable regulations and IBEC policies:
- Call identification
- Proposal preparation
- Management and implementation (in collaboration with other units)
- Close-out (in collaboration with other units): justifications and audits.
- Direct support to the management of the research groups:
- Review of its research and strategy.
- Management and optimization of the budget group.
- Execution of activities at institutional level
- Positioning/Lobbying: Leading IBEC EU positioning and internationalization
- Coordination for the collection and analysis of IBEC indicators
- Provide support to other Units and the Managing Director in all matters related to competitive funds (institutional projects, infrastructure funds, communications, and HR) and others in which their expertise can be relevant.
Requirements for candidates:
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- PhD in experimental sciences, engineering, or life sciences.
- Training in project management or business (postgraduate course) relevant to the position.
- Previous experience of minimum 8 years in project management positions in research institutions or R&D units in industries.
- Expertise in the health and business-related sectors.
- Previous experience in a position of leadership or middle-management positions in the areas abovementioned is a plus.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of the RDI public and private programs structures at national, European, and international level.
- Good communication skills, leadership, teamwork and collaboration, proactivity, commitment, integrity, people management and goal oriented.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English, Catalan and Spanish.
Working conditions and entitlements:
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 1st of January 2022
- Working conditions:
- Full-time permanent contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the Selection Process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Having a disability certificate equal to or greater than 33% will be valued positively.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 13M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 23 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu