ELIGIBILITY Highly qualified researchers of all nationalities willing to join a stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality scientific environment are welcome to apply. The following requirements are common to the fellowships available:
- Candidates should be ready to enter an official doctoral programme in October 2018 (under Spanish Law). By this time, they must have obtained a university degree and a master’s degree; or must hold an official university qualification from a country of the European Higher Education Area with a minimum of 300 ECTS of official university studies, of which at least 60 are at master’s level.
- Candidates are eligible for a period of 2 years following the end of the MSc or 5 years following the end of the BSc at the time of deadline (January 31st 2018). Should an applicant hold more than one MSc degree, this period will be counted from the first MSc earned or, in case of different disciplines, from the MSc in a scientific topic. Likewise, in the case of applicants who hold more than one BSc degree.
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to scientific research and an excellent academic record.
- Candidates must have good working knowledge of English.
- Candidates must not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Candidates must not have held a PhD contract exceeding twelve months in October 2018.
- Candidates must not have held any fellowship from the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness for the development of a PhD thesis at the time of deadline (January 31st 2018).
- December 15th 2017: Launch of the call
- January 31st 2018: Deadline for submission of applications
- March 12th – 14th 2018: Communication of results. Invitation of shortlisted candidates to come to Barcelona for an interview
- April 16th – 20th 2018: Interviews in Barcelona with selection committee and group leaders responsible for research projects
- April 27th 2018: Publication of final list of selected candidates. Letter of acceptance to be signed by candidates
- May – October 2018: Start of the fellowships funded by Fundación Bancaria La Caixa and Fundación Cellex, to be accorded with the Group Leader responsible.
- Beginning of 2019 (To be confirmed, based on the resolution of the call ‘Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores’ by the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitivity): Start of the fellowships.
SELECTION PROCEDURE In April 2015, IBEC was awarded the Human Resources Excellence in Research seal from the European Commission, in recognition of its commitment to continuously improving its HR policies in line with The European Charter of Researchers and The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. IBEC is committed to awareness of diversity and gender equality in science and society. This follows our mission to carry out interdisciplinary research at the highest international quality level which, by creating knowledge, helps to improve health and quality of life and generate wealth.