Application Deadline: 22/02/2022
The Institució Catalana de Recerca i Estudis Avançats (ICREA) has opened 20 senior research positions for 2022 in the areas of Humanities, Social & Behavioural Sciences and Life & Medical Sciences.
IBEC encourage candidates to apply to this call and will support outstanding candidacies for the area of Life & Medical Sciences.
ICREA researchers are required to make substantial contributions to their own areas of research and to have a strong impact in the Catalan research system by becoming fully involved, active members of the Catalan research community.
Requirements for candidates:
- A Ph.D. degree obtained preferably before 2018.
- Relevant multinational exposure at pre-doctoral and/or post-doctoral level.
- Expansive phase of academic career, with an outstanding research record and leadership. Applications from women are especially welcome.
- ICREA positions are not compatible with permanent positions outside the Catalan research system (not even part-time).
- The call is open to all scholars worldwide who, on the 8th March 2020 (24 months prior to the deadline of this call), were not yet holding a permanent position in the Catalan research system.
- Permanent contract with ICREA to work at universities or research centers in Catalonia no later than September 2023.
- Salaries are in line with those at Catalan universities. ICREA research professors are subject to an evaluation of their research progress and general performance after the first three-year period and, subsequently, every five years.
How to apply:
In order to apply, candidates need to have the support of the catalan research institution where they will carry out their research activities.
Interested applicants to apply for an ICREA position at IBEC should send:
- a letter of expression of interest
to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2 pm on 22 February 2022 (Ref.: ICREA 2022).
An ad-hoc selection committee will evaluate all candidacies and decide which ones IBEC will support.
Then, the application must be submitted electronically via ICREA website https://www.icrea.cat/en/calls before 2:00 pm (Central European Time) on Tuesday, 8 March 2022. Please note that no applications can be submitted after the deadline.