Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Technical support to general research staff of our group
- Technical support in the Clean Room of soft lithography fabrication of microfluidic devices of the group
- Technical support in the confocal microscopy facility of IBEC in analyzing neural grow and maturation in lab on a chip devices
Requirements for candidates:
- Vocational training in analysis and biomedical sciences, or equivalent. Experienced technicians would also be considered.
- Experience in soft lithography fabrication.
- Experience in cell (neural and non-neural) culture and immunocytochemical techniques, including conventional as well as confocal microscopy.
- ImageJTM and MatlabTM software user experience in image acquisition and analysis.
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
- Competencies and skills: communication, teamwork, proactivity, commitment, collegiality, integrity, critical and analytical thinking.
- High level of English.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date August 1st, 2022
- Working conditions:
- Full time temporal contract. Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organises seminars and PhD discussions. Mobility grants are offered.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 22/07/2022 (Reference: LT-TR).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the OTM-R principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu