Download the PDF at Biomaterials Postdoc position
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Organization of the laboratory animal facility for SCID mice and C57BL/6 mice.
- designing and executing the in vivo experimental procedures regarding the projects of the group:
- involving administration of different therapies and monitoring of tumors or cell populations with the group’s bioluminescence imaging platform.
- In vivo models for skin ulcers and biomaterials testing
- Biomaterials testing for bone formation and vascularization
- Isolation of organs and cells from mice and rats
Requirements for candidates:
- BSc in biomedicine and PhD in cancer research
- License in animal care and handling
- Experience in biomaterials implantation and biological characterization.
- High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Proactivity, Commitment, Collegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: December 2018
- Full time temporal contract. Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organises seminars and PhD discussions. Mobility grants are offered. Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to email@example.com before 20/11/2018 (Reference: PD-EE).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the OTM-R principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu