The Biomimetic systems for cell engineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Postdoctoral Researcher candidate to participate in the development of the project “Biomimetic Systems for Cell Engineering and Neuro-Immuno-Gastroenterology: Evaluation and characterization of the intestinal barrier in a three-dimensional model of human intestine on hydrogel matrix.
Tasks and responsibilities:
– Intestinal cell culture on biomaterials.
– Assessment of cell differentiation and epithelial characteristics.
– Assessment of functional cell properties.
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD in Biology.
– Previous experience in intestinal cell culture and characterization will be a value.
– High level of English.
– Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge.
– High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
– Excellent team working and communication skills.
– One year part time contract.
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
– Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to: email@example.com, before 21/09/2016 (Reference: VH-EM).