Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
Requirement for candidates:
- Synthesis of self-propelled nanoparticles (mesoporous silica, liposomes and other types) based on chemical methods.
- Enzyme functionalization, understanding of enzyme-cascade reactions and catalysis.
- Physicochemical understanding of particle-particle communication (bot-bot), signal propagation and collective motion.
- Applications of tracking algorithms to swarms of self-propelled nanoparticles.
- Understanding of nano-swarms and the guidance of large population of particles in microfluidic devices.
- Degree and Master on any field on Chemistry, Physics, Nanosciences, Nanotechnology, Material Science and related.
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (Physics/Engineering, Biochem/Mat Science, Physics/Chemistry, etc.) will be a plus since the project is at the edge between different disciplines.
- Knowledge on nanoparticles specifically on self-propelled nanoparticles will be a plus.
- Knowledge on enzyme and catalytic reactions.
- Knowledge in particle tracking, fluid dynamics or microfluidics will be a plus.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High motivation on understanding collective phenomena of artificial active matter, swimmers and nanomotors.
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 01/10/2021
- Full time 4-years Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
How to apply:
Until September, 15th
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona
an online application form
is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.